BASKETBALL HOOP INSTALLATION SERVICELeave a Comment
Create lasting memories and get the kids out of the house with your new basketball hoop!
Before those NBA finals can be played in the driveway, someone has to install it. The work required — digging a 4‑foot deep hole, mixing ⅔‑ton of concrete & lifting a 300‑lb. glass backboard — is no joke.
WHAT'S THE INSTALLATION PROCESS?
Your in-ground basketball system is a 2‑part process.
On the 1st visit — after we've contacted 811® for you — your hole will be dug and the anchor system will be embedded in the concrete. This is the most critical part of the installation process to get right.
Then your concrete needs to dry — another area of importance. We recommend 5‑7 days to harden in warm weather and 7‑10 days in colder weather. After-which we'll return for the 2nd visit to erect your system.
During assembly, impress your kiddos as they watch how their new hoop is installed. They'll have the most level/calibrated system in the neighborhood!
GET THE CAMERA READY
WHO'LL MAKE THE FIRST SHOT!
DO YOU HAVE A HOOP PICKED OUT YET?
If you haven't purchased your hoop yet, contact us for a recommendation on size/brand for your application. A few brands offer lifetime warranties that include dunking and hanging! These hoop's will be the last you'll ever buy ... your kids will someday be using it with their kids!
There are 4 types of basketball systems
Regulation sized backboards — high school, college & NBA — are tempered glass and 72" wide × ½" thick (13mm). Smaller sizes include 60" & 54" widths.
It's common for less expensive models to come with acrylic (plastic) backboards that are also thinner — ⅜" thick (10mm), or ⁵⁄₁₆" thick (8mm). Acrylic backboards will yellow over-time ... glass will stay clear.
Here are some guidelines regarding backboard size to get you started:
- 54" : Tight Area, 1 Car+
- 60" : Normal Driveway, 2 Car+
- 72" : Large Driveway, 3 Car+
Many tools are required and many of ours are custom made. While others are renting the specialized tools needed, you'll have a company that owns them!
- You'll love watching our custom backboard crane, as it eliminates the risk of back injuries and shattered backboards.
- Our custom concrete mixer eliminates inconsistent wheelbarrow mixing.
- Our concrete vibrator eliminates the risk of air pockets and honeycombing.
- Our powered auger and jackhammer eliminate the risk of delaying trips to the rental store because of underground obstructions.
- Contacting 811® for your project
- Leveling your hoop left-to-right, front-to-back
- Calibrating the hoop to your pavement
- Testing your hoop to ensure safe operation
- Teaching you of all its new features
- Cleaning-up and consolidating packaging when done
- Removing concrete from existing hoop
- Hauling Away the packaging materials
- Hauling Away the soil/dirt