FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are your hours?
My in-your-home hours are:
- Mon – Fri: 8:00a – 8:00p
- Sat & Sun: 9:00a – 7:00p
How do you charge for each job?
For projects that meet all the following criteria, I will provide a fixed quote.
- Fits within my normal categories of service.
- A product type & brand I have prior familiarity with.
For custom projects meeting any of the following criteria, I may charge by the hour.
- Outside my normal categories of services.
- Product types and brands that are newer.
- Handyman-type projects that are on-going.
BEFORE MY SERVICE STARTS
What time-windows do you offer?
While others give a 4–8 hour time window, I normally give a 1-hour window or less. Also important, is once I'm in-route to you, I always notify you again with my exact arrival-time.
Should I contact you before or after I get my item?
You may do either, I can work with your situation.
- If you haven't purchased yet, I may be able to recommend brands and sizes.
- If it's already on its way, we can work together on a schedule to get your item assembled quickly after its arrival.
- If you already have your item, then we'll look at my first availability and other factors like weather if it's an outside project.
If you deliver my item, will it arrive already assembled?
No, I always assemble your item after arriving. First, to prevent any damage to your product in shipping because damage to your product is much more likely when it's outside its box. Secondly, not all items fit through doorways after being assembled.
- NOTE: If someone other than Precise Assemblies is delivering your item, I prefer that the boxes be placed in its final location before I arrive.
- An extra charge may be added if I have to move the boxes, varying on weight, stairs, and distance.
AFTER MY SERVICE
When do I need to pay?
Payment is due immediately upon completion of your service unless other arrangements have been made. Upon payment, I'll provide a receipt indicating payment.
What payment options do you take?
I accept both cash and check. Please make checks out to Precise Assemblies.
- For your convenience, if cash and check are not available: or can be accepted for an additional 3% added to the total.
Is Precise Assemblies a franchise?
No, but I'll take that as a compliment! Precise Assemblies was founded and operated by me, myself, and I.
Do you only assemble items that come from specific stores?
No, I assemble and install items from all stores and manufacturers. The companies listed on my home page are only the most familiar names to the general public.